Molecular biology and gene technology
- Database of rice genome has been set for exploitation orientation
- Decode and build genomic database of coffee and cassava trees
- Separate and research characteristics and potential of applying genes/ promoters with high economic value for breeding of transgenic plants
- Molecular mapping of resistance characteristics, yield and quality, molecular markers used for breeding
Mapping characteristics related to resistance, yield and quality in other crops such as cotton, soybean, peanuts and other crops, etc.
- Molecular markers related to characteristics like resistance, quality and yield
- Multi-factor resistant rice and soybean varieties with high yield and quality to cope with climate change
- Create varieties of corn that are insect-resistant, herbicide-resistant, drought tolerant; soybean with herbicide resistance and drought tolerant; cassava with high yield, growing in poor-nitrogen soil; rice with virus resistance.
- Research and create seedless orange varieties by triploid technology.
- Conduct large-scale development of high-quality rice varieties with round shape like J01; J02, J03; DS1, etc. and high-quality rice varieties with long shape like QR1; QR2; QR4; QR14; QR15, etc.
- Conduct large-scale development of high quality seedless V2 orange varieties, based on the disease-free seed system and advanced farming techniques. It will be the key seed in developing citrus CAQ industry in our country in coming time.
- Conduct large-scale development of sugarcane and cassava varieties with high yield and disease-free through cell tissue culture system.
Radioactive mutation, traditional variety selection
- Develop and apply new mutagenic methods such as using heavy metal ions, gamma rays, ions and mutagenic chemicals, together with biotechnology methods such as Anther culture, molecular markers, etc. increasing efficiency and orientation in mutants.
- Create round and long-grain, high-quality, high-yield and high-resistance rice varieties; high-yield soybean variety, good tolerance to major diseases; new varieties of peanuts, tomatoes, sugarcane, flowers meeting demand of domestic market and export.
- Create products which help to transfer straw into fertilizer directly sprayed in the field, increasing average rice yield by 7-10%; reducing environmental pollution.
- Create products which help to transfer straw into fertilizer, reduce chemical fertilizer, increase vegetable yield by 50-100% compared to the case without fertilizer. Reduce environmental pollution caused by chemical fertilizers.
- Develop kits / procedures for the diagnosis of plant virus diseases
Edible and medicinal mushrooms
- Build a high quality mushroom variety system nationwide.
- Create new mushroom varieties, build an industrial mushroom production model.